of Évora was founded in 1559 as a Jesuit College (College
of the Holy Spirit) and for two centuries it distinguished itself by its
role in the education of the elites and the missionaries of the Kingdom.
After being closed in the 18th century, the university reopens in 1973.
The University has four schools, Arts, Social Sciences, Sciences and
Technology, and Health, and more than 7500 students. Its activities are
developed in several palaces and other relevant buildings in Évora and,
outside town, the university has 5 Research/Teaching Units and 2
TempRiv International Conference will take place
in Colégio Mateus
de Aranda, Music and Scenical Arts / School of Arts, located at Rua do Raimundo 98, near the city walls (SW Évora-see
Evora - a tour
Evora Silver Aqueduct
Evora Map medieval tour
Evora Capital of Iberian Megalithic